Master Data Management Engineer
Bruin helps organizations transition their telecom, data and wireless services when business needs change. From online ordering to white glove support, we enable full lifecycle control of your telecom.
We’re not like other teams. The Telecommunication Expense Management (TEM) space is filled with archaic software and boring slogans. Bruin is blazing a new path and building a team of experts with a passion for creating great software products and outstanding customer relationships.
We have high expectations and a career with Bruin means challenging yourself to always be better.
This high impact, high visibility role is responsible for ensuring all master data is accurate, complete and consistent across the enterprise. The team drives development of policies and procedures in concert with process owners and governance councils, conducts audits, performs analysis, and recommends and implements improvements. The team supports current implementation projects and performs ongoing guidance after through the production environment.
- Ensures master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality.
- Identifies areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Provides assistance in resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs) and data stewards.
- Manages, analyzes, and resolves data initiative issues and manages revisions needed to best meet internal and customer requirements while adhering to published data standards.
- Assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across the operation of financial systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
- Work closely with the business/IT to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Defines, designs, and builds dimensional databases to meet business needs.
- Assists in the application and implementation procedures of data standards and guidelines on data ownership, coding structures, and data replication to ensure access to and integrity of data sets.
- Conducts data cleaning to rid the system of old, unused data, or duplicate data for better management and quicker access.
- Researches, coordinates and installs software releases and database integration to ensure
- Develops and implements strategies to translate business requirements and models into feasible and acceptable data warehouse designs to ensure that business needs are met.
- Provides data consulting in support of business and information technology initiatives to clients to improve client database systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy; strong critical self-review skills.
- Demonstrates ability to deliver communication which is clear, concise, and relevant to audience through appropriate methods and tools.
- Appreciates what constitutes good customer service and displays consistent commitment to delivering.
Exhibits a high degree of professionalism.
- Organized methodical application of established data governance standards.
- Proactive approach to role and problem solving; solution rather than problem focused.
- Able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with key stakeholders both within and outside of the MDM team to get the job done.
- Comfortable pushing back with customers and stakeholders to protect the integrity of the data management process.
- Inquisitive and thorough in approach.
- Displays a passion for working in master data management.
- Self-motivated, flexible, with the ability to deal with high levels of complexity, change and evolving processes, often at short notice.
- Experience maintaining master data in MS SQL.
- Experience with full stack development, preferably in one or more of OO programming languages, like C#, Java, C++
- Hands-on, professional experience with consuming and building RESTful web-services.
- Experience in working in an agile development environment
- Demonstrated mid-level or above proficiency with MS Office Excel, analyzing and manipulating large datasets through formulas and macros.
- Experience participating in technology implementation projects.
- Proficiency in JIRA, Atlassian, and Git.
- Strong analytical abilities with experience extracting data and developing reports.
- Strong interest in systems with demonstrable systems mindset and exposure to a large enterprise systems.
- Understanding of SDLC and project management methodology.
- Experience defining, writing and implementing business processes and data standards in one or more data domains.
- CPA, Six Sigma, PMP, or similar.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years of business experience
- 2+ years of analytical experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study or within one year of completing Bachelor’s Degree and with 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Exposure to the business functions of a telecommunications enterprise from an operations, finance, supply chain, or business analysis perspective.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Data Science
Job Type: Full-time/Permanent
Job Location: New York, NY
Bruin participates in the E-Verify Program and visa sponsorship
To apply, send a cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.