Software Quality Assurance Engineer
This role will participate in testing and enhancing cloud-based web application called Bruin with our software test team. In this capacity, she is also responsible for the complete life cycle of new or modified software product features by writing and verifying with SQL queries. The responsibilities include supporting the Bruin Project management Team, Bruin Software Development Team and the Bruin Operations Team via quality consistency and functionality. This position also offers the ability to expand and refine existing software development skills across a myriad of applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create, maintain and execute test plan to validate the functionality of cloud-based end-to-end telecommunications management platform by using C#, python, SQL Server;
- Perform functional testing, API testing, performance testing, usability testing, network related testing, regression testing, security testing and Data verification using SQL from Broad-soft;
- Build, debug and test data logics by writing SQL server queries, stored procedures, triggers and functions;
- Work closely with the billing team to maintain integrating pricing APIs;
- Collaborate with senior developers to clearly identify defects/features when they are reported by customers/clients and track issues throughout the entire release life cycles using bug tracking system: JIRA;
- Collaborate with product management team to deliver high-quality service by resolving, troubleshooting, tracking and prioritizing production issues reported by our employees and clients;
- Provide feedback to development for potential design changes or refactor based on research of support cases;
- Use creative problem-solving and analytical skills to solve complex technical and business problems.
- Must have minimum a bachelor’s degree or higher majoring in Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a closely related field.
- Combined 1 year of Software Quality Assurance (academic and work) experience (creating test scenarios, scripts or procedures etc.)
- Should be comfortable to develop testing programs that address database impacts, negative testing or bug retests.
- Strong time management skills; able to concurrently manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Keen to learn and develop web-based applications with Microsoft Technologies such as SQL Server, C#, and ASP.NET Web APIs such as SOAP & RESTful.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- A motivated problem-solver, ready to tackle new challenges daily
- General understanding of Automation testing and test case Management;
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills; able to think on feet during crisis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn continuously and openness to change
- The ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritizing and organizing these tasks to maximize productivity.
- A passion for solving problems and learning.
- Experience in working directly and effectively with clients
- Testcase Management & Defect Tracking
- Agile Methodology
- Lean Software Development Principles – Kanban
- Microsoft SQL Server
- ASP .NET Framework
Tools needed to perform the Job
- Apache JMeter
- Chrome Performance-Analyzer
- Visual Studio (IDE)
- Swagger UI
Bruin helps organizations transition their telecom, data and wireless services when business needs change. From online ordering to white glove support, we enable full lifecycle control of your telecom.
We’re not like other
teams. The Telecommunication Expense Management (TEM) space is filled with
archaic software and boring slogans. Bruin is blazing a new path and building a
team of experts with a passion for creating great software products and
outstanding customer relationships.
We have high expectations and a career with Bruin means challenging yourself to always be better.
Bruin provides visibility into telecom, data and wireless spend; optimizes your investment to avoid overages and anticipate change; and transforms your infrastructure into a scalable asset for your business. Bruin gives you the power of enterprise in an easy-to-use experience. No servers to buy or software to purchase. Whether you are scaling your business up or down, Bruin simplifies how you manage your spend. The largest brands in the world utilize Bruin every day to manage their infrastructure. We also believe in simple pricing and straightforward purchasing. Gone are the days of upcharges, implementation fees and excessive professional services. Bruin is a true Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product to match a rapidly evolving telecommunications world.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com.